Marinated White Beans with Toast
Garlicky marinated white beans with rosemary, oregano, and a simple vinaigrette. Served over toast for a quick and easy dinner!
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (plus more, to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper, de-seeded
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans butter beans (or white beans of choice), drained and rinsed
- Squeeze lemon, to taste (optional)
- Toast, crackers, etc., for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the olive oil until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Taste, and add more vinegar and seasonings to taste. (I personally like 5-6 Tbs. of vinegar in my recipe!)
In a food processor, pulse the carrot, bell pepper, and rosemary until finely chopped. Alternatively, finely dice everything by hand. You can use any veggies you want here, just make sure you have about 1/2-1 cup of finely chopped veggies!
In a large bowl, mix together the veggies and beans. Toss with the dressing, and squeeze a little lemon over the top if desired! Taste, and add more seasoning or herbs if necessary. Serve over toast, crackers, etc.
Serving: 1toastCalories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 21.6gProtein: 5gFat: 11.5gSaturated Fat: 1.5gSodium: 359mgPotassium: 132mgFiber: 7.2gSugar: 3.3g