Chipotle Spiced Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
Savory chicken tacos flavored with spicy chipotle and served on blistered corn tortillas with cilantro-lime crema and avocado. Quick, easy, and delicious for Taco Tuesday!
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro packed
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalepeño seeded if you don't like spicy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
Chipotle Spiced Chicken
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Corn tortillas, cilantro, onions, jalepeños, avocado, limes for serving
- To make the sauce, pulse the yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and jalepeño in a food processor until smooth. Scrape the bowl, and blend while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make the chicken, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Toss the chicken with the spice mix, and season with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, heat the oil. Brown the garlic, and then add the seasoned chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Brown the tortillas - I do this by laying the tortillas over the burner on my gas stove until they're lightly charred. You can also do this in the oven or in a pan. Serve the tacos with the cilantro lime crema, cilantro, chopped onions, jalepeños, avocados, salsa, etc.
The sauce for this recipe can be made a day in advance. It's also great as a salad dressing, veggie dip, or drizzled over roasted potatoes!
Serving: 2tacosCalories: 716kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 36.1gFat: 40.1gSaturated Fat: 13.3gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 120mgPotassium: 806mgFiber: 6.7gSugar: 29.1gCalcium: 161mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?Tag @serendipitybysaralynn on Instagram!