Kale Salad with Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
This creamy Caesar dressing is made with Greek yogurt, so it has all the flavor of regular Caesar, but lightened up a little! I like to serve the dressing over kale with Parmesan crisps and poached eggs.
Ingredients for Kale Salad
- 8 cups dinosaur kale or curly kale
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 4 poached eggs
- Lemon, pepper, + red pepper flakes, for serving
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cover a cookie sheet in parchment paper and spray well with olive oil or cooking spray. Place 1 Tbs. of parmesan in a little mound, making 8 mounds. Spread each mound out into an even layer. Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until crispy. Let cool and remove from baking sheet.
- Remove kale leaves from the tough stems. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the Greek yogurt, parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, and Dijon. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking, until incorporated. Whisk in water, to thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, place kale on a platter. Toss with the desired amount of Caesar dressing. Place parmesan crisps on top whole, or crumble them. Serve with warm poached eggs, fresh pepper, lemon, and red pepper flakes.
The original dressing recipe had 1/2 Tbs. parmesan, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. spicy brown mustard, 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. olive oil, and 2-3 tsp. of water. The older version is still good although a little less flavorful than the updated recipe.
Serving: 1saladCalories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 16.8gProtein: 14.9gFat: 13.7gSaturated Fat: 3.9gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 358mgPotassium: 728mgFiber: 2.1gSugar: 1.4gCalcium: 321mgIron: 3mg
Did you make this recipe?Tag @serendipitybysaralynn on Instagram!