Coffee + Almond Ice Cream
Homemade coffee ice cream with roasted, chopped almonds. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 18 g finely ground coffee
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds chopped
- Whisk together the milk, whipping cream, 1/3 c. sugar, coffee grounds, salt, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 1/3 c. sugar and egg yolks until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually mix half of the cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Pour the yolk-cream mixture back into the saucepan, and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Cool it with an ice bath. Press a piece of plastic wrap over the top to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Stir in the chopped almonds. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Pour into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for one hour before serving.
If you want to remove all coffee grounds, strain through cheesecloth rather than a fine-mesh strainer.
Serving: 1scoopCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 4.5gFat: 15.1gSaturated Fat: 7.1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 66mgPotassium: 137mgFiber: 0.7gSugar: 19.4gCalcium: 93mg
Did you make this recipe?Tag @serendipitybysaralynn on Instagram!