Good things so far about the new year:
1. I ate ice cream twice today.
2. I learned what ‘fleek’ means.
3. FRIENDS IS ON NETFLIX (goodbye social life. goodbye productivity)
4. I learned the lyrics to “Breezeblocks” by Alt-J.
Things that could use some improving:
1. My grammar is progressively getting worse post by post. (I promise I know how to use commas and periods and spelling correctly. I’m just lazy and like to pretend I’m blogging on twitter apparently).
2. I’m housesitting for a friend and while I was getting her mail today I dropped the mail key into the bushes in front of the mail box and the key disappeared into the snow and I still have yet to find it. Do you know how not fun it is to dig around in the snow on your hands and knees for 15 minutes in the dark before accepting defeat. DO YOU?!
Anyways, hopefully a good magnet taped to a wooden spoon will help in the morning.
Anyways, yesterday night my brother and I went to my cousin’s house for dinner. We arrived about 15 minutes early, so we decided to take some pictures outside before we went in. (Mostly I just really liked my outfit).
The pictures are way too bright since it was a weird time of day, but I think they do the job.
This dress is one of my favorites, and a perfect example of how to make a summer dress into a winter outfit. I always wear it with leggings (because it’s really short!) but add a sweater, boots, and a jacket and it becomes a winter outfit!
And it makes me very very happy!
Anyways, my brother left this morning so I’ve been a little sad today. Living alone (or with two roommates in college) gets a little lonely so I always have a little time of mourning after somebody goes home. But I practiced piano, watched The Help, and had a nice solo dinner so it wasn’t the worst day. Plus, my brother will be back soon! Another thing to add to my list of good this year!
What are some good things about your new year so far?
Song of the Day: Breezeblocks–Alt-J